Majorly drained. Been in red tape hell the past 2 days. I only got my Indo work permit Monday night, so I had to submit all my paperwork to the embassy today in order to get the visa released this Friday. As I only had one chance to get this right, I spent all of yesterday chasing after any possible documents they may request from me. Had to endure the usual bureacracy (BPI was offline which meant I couldn't get a bank certificate, power-tripping visa officer bitching about my slightly crumpled passport, embassy would only accept manager's checks, which they conveniently forgot to mention, etc etc.). Oh well, good news is, I made it alive and will be getting my visa on Friday, 2PM, in time for my 9PM flight! How's that for a photo finish?
I've also been having intimate lunches and dinners with friends and colleagues this past week. I really enjoy these activities much more than the usual big despedida party. I made sure that they never turned really sentimental or melodramatic, as I don't think I could take it! So I act like it's just a regular night out gimmick, which is how I'd rather remember these lovely people.
Meanwhile, I just want to curl up and cocoon all day if I could...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment